Former MI5 officer sparks outrage claiming Paris terror strikes were ‘inside job not ISIS’
A FORMER British spy has sparked outrage after claiming the Paris terror attacks were an “inside job” and not carried out by Islamic State (ISIS).
By JON AUSTIN
David Shayler, 49, has released a video on YouTube claiming there is “much evidence” that jihadis were not behind the atrocities which left 130 people dead in the French capital.
The former MI5 officer instead claimed “dark forces” linked to western intelligence services were behind the attacks on November 13.
Several years before Edward Snowden left the US National Security Agency (NSA) in 2013 and leaked confidential details of its spying techniques to the press in, Mr Shayler resigned from MI5 after five years working there in 1996.
He also claimed the 1993 Bishopsgate and 1994 Israeli Embassy bombings were known to the intelligence services in advance of being carried out and could have been prevented.
After leaking details to the Mail on Sunday in 1997, he fled to Utrecht in the Netherlands and later France, where he spent two years from 1998 to 2000 living in Boulevard Voltaire, where the Bataclan Theatre – the scene of the worst atrocity of the day took place, according to his video.
He said: “I think there is some dark design in the pattern of the attacks that took place in Paris on Friday, November 13.
Operation Gladio was the codename for a clandestine NATO operation in Italy during the Cold War to prepare for and carry out armed resistance there in the event of a Warsaw Pact invasion and conquest.
Claims that alleged terrorist attacks in Italy during the cold war were actually carried out by secret NATO officers have been subject to parliamentary inquiries in Switzerland and Belgium.
Mr Shayler even incredibly suggested in his video that the two-hour siege by French police in the wake of the attacks had been staged, saying there was little footage posted to social media.
He said: “They left ID. They would have been highly trained not to leave ID, so anyone who believes that has got to be pretty gullible.”
Since his leaks to the press, the former spook went on to become a some-times cross dresser and made more and more outlandish claims, including that he is a reincarnation of Jesus Christ.
In fact, he made the claims in a video called “Shayler the Christ speaks to the Nation” and declared that all four attack sites had been his former haunts.
He went on to make the even more staggering claim that the sites were chosen because of his former residence there, saying a cross between them centred on his former flat.
He said: “Did they deliberately plan to hit those places to map out over Parsi a cross that would pass over where I used to live…to scare me.